Create a Yahoo email account in no time with this step-by-step tutorial and learn how to solve potential sign in glitches. This guide also helps you keep your Yahoo login data safe online.
Since it was introduced in 1997, Yahoo Mail has established itself as one of the leading free web-based email service providers, trusted by over 800 million active users. Yahoo! mail is optimized for all mobile platforms and provides a highly personalized experience for its subscribers.
Connection to Yahoo Mail Login
- Navigate your browser to www.yahoo.com and place the cursor over the “Sign In” link in the upper right screen corner to see the two log in options.
- Click on either the purple Yahoo button or the blue Facebook button. By choosing Yahoo login, you’ll land on login.yahoo.com page where you’ll need to fill in the Yahoo ID and the password fields.
- Then tick the “Keep me signed in” check-box if you want to avoid the login process every time you want to check the mail from the device in question for the following two weeks. In case you’re using a public computer or another person’s device, keep this box unchecked for safety reasons.
- Finally, click the large purple “Sign In” button to access your account.
- If you are not sure about some of the sign-in form elements, click the Help link.
Do not worry about password safety as Yahoo uses Secure Sockets Layer encryption.
If you are experiencing a problem to access your account, most likely you forgot your password.
- Click the “I can’t access my account” link and then tick the first option stating “I have a problem with my password“.
- Click the purple “Next” button and type in your full Yahoo ID.
- Click the Next button again and you’ll be prompted to reset the password, either by continuing the sign-in process with a code sent to your mobile in a text message or through an alternate email address you provided during the sign up procedure. The third option is to provide the correct answers to your two secret questions.
- This enables you to create a new password, so make sure you remember it well to avoid the inconvenience of resetting it again any time soon.
Forgot Yahoo ID
- In case you are sure your password is correct, but you still can’t log in, tick the second “I forgot my Yahoo ID” option when asked what problem you are having with the account.
- Click the purple Next button and you will be prompted to type in either your mobile phone number or an alternate email address.
- Check your inbox for the email with “Your Yahoo username” in the subject line, or check your mobile text folder to find out what the forgotten ID was.
My Account May Have Been Compromised
In case you are sure you got both your Yahoo ID and the corresponding password right, but still can’t sign in, you may have been a victim of a fraudulent sign in web page, or your account may have been compromised in another way.
- In the sign-in window, click the “I can’t access my account” link.
- Then tick the third option stating “My account may have been compromised“.
- Clicked the purple Next button and you’ll be prompted to enter your Yahoo ID.
- The next step ir resetting your password via a text message, an alternate email address or answering your secret questions.
If you still haven’t got a Yahoo! account, visit the homepage yahoo.com to create one in just a few clicks.
- In the upper right screen corner, place the cursor over the “Sign In” link.
- Under the Facebook button, click the Sign Up link.
- Alternatively, go to https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/ where you’ll see the background screen chick on the screen full site mode.
- If you’re having a problem on android to see this, choose the classic log in not optimized for mobile devices.
- Access the sign-up form and fill in your personal info and mobile numbers.
- Choose a unique username and a password you can memorize.
- The password must be between 8 and 32 characters long, it must contain both upper and lowercase letters and numbers.
- You’ll need to accept Yahoo’s terms and privacy by clicking the purple Create Account button.
Congratulations! You can start enjoying all the benefits and personalized services Yahoo! provides to its subscribers.
I have not sign into my yahoo account. Because it says my password or yahoo id does not match. And I forgot to answer my security question .
not just ask but others have said my email address is invalid. its the same email iv had for two years why all the sudden are they saying its invalid ? i still use it and get mail.
I have been trying to get into my email and I keep getting: Internet Explorer can not display this web page.
Been trying for 2 days to add email address to new computer. Unable to do so as message says password or id is wrong. Account was established many years ago so I do not remember any security questions or alternative email addresses. Filled out numerous forms which is just reverted back to me. All I need is assistance with a new password. Please help!!!!!
i am having the same issues and its been about 3 to 4 days ago